Utah Water Damage Repair & Restoration Services
The devastation left behind by water damage can only worsen if it is not addressed right away. If you are experiencing water damage, contact Utah Flood Cleanup to get the situation under control. As your local water damage repair and restoration service team, we provide 24-hour emergency assistance and will be on-site at the appointed time to help you recover from a water disaster. Click here to read our latest customer reviews.
Looking for a reliable Utah water damage repair and restoration expert? Contact us today for immediate service.
5 DIY Flood Cleanup Mistakes
Not Getting Started Fast Enough
Flood cleanup is one of those things that follows that old truism of early birds getting the good worms. In other words, the faster you get started with flood damage cleanup, and flood damage repair Utah, the better (and more cheaply) it is going to go.
But the inverse is also true — sometimes devastatingly so as the longer you wait, the harder and more expensive things can get. This is because the longer you allow water to pool and sit, and the longer you allow heavy debris to stay atop your home and personal items, the worse the damages will get. Water must be flushed out of things like your HVAC systems, gas lines, and septic system as soon as possible if you’re to have any hope of salvaging them. The longer you allow water to sit on your flooring and submerge your walls, the more you risk the growth of mold and onset of rot that will destroy, fully destroy your home’s foundation and structure.
Tackling the Job Without a Cautionary Mindset
While acting fast is essential, it is also important not to just rush and go blindly onto a flood-damaged property. Yet, too many eager Utah flood repair homeowners do. Utah flood damage repair and restoration is the type of work that you absolutely must proceed with caution. Standing water can hide downed electrical lines that can cause an electric shock or even fatal electrocution. But that’s only one of the many accidents that may befall someone who doesn’t take the right precautions. Other common hazards include:
- Sanitation issues due to a busted septic system or broken plumbing
- Unstable or slick floor or building framing due to rot and other issues can lead to a slip and fall accident
- Submerged water can hide glass and sharp metal objects
- Broken gas lines can lead to dangerous fumes leaking in and throughout the home
Lacking the Proper Tools & Technique Experience
A mop is great for cleaning up spilled milk in the kitchen; it is not great for cleaning up a quarter-inch of standing water across your kitchen floor’s entirety. As they say, a tool for every job and every job a tool — but only when you’re specialized in flood damage, Utah repair and restoration are you likely to know what tools are right for every job. Furthermore, even if you have the right equipment, how well does the DIY homeowner know about effectively using it?
Forgetting or Overlooking the Smaller Details
When you are doing flood restoration Utah, every nook, cranny, and corner must be attended. This is because any overlooked water and any corner that is not thoroughly cleaned leaves open the door to mold growth, rot, and other undesired issues.
Delaying Too Long to Call the Professionals
Finally, the fifth-biggest flood mistake we see newcomers and DIYers make realizes that they completed all the above errors and finally realizing way too late that they need to call in the professionals. While yes, an expert team can come in long after a flood and complete some good clean-up and restoration work, the damage left gone too long unattended often means permanent damage, which requires a full demolish and rebuild.
Don’t make this and the other mistakes. Recognize when a flood damage cleanup job is too big for you to handle and call in the experts. Fast.
Reasons to Hire a Professional Water Damage Restoration Company
What Problems Can you Avoid with Immediate Restoration?
Our first concern with any kind of water damage is the potential for mold growth. Mold is a health hazard and the faster we get started with repairs, the faster we can stop the problem from spreading.
Timely water damage repair allows you to keep your replacement costs down for furniture and other items. We take care of any lingering water issues and give your furniture and valuables an excellent chance at a complete recovery. The sooner we get started, the sooner you can get back into your property.
Extreme weather can lead to severe water damage, as well as burst pipes and weakened plumbing lines. A burst water pipe will leak until the water is turned off. If the pipe bursts when you are not home, you may incur significant water damage. An overflowing toilet that is spilling waste and water into your home may also require professional water damage repair services.
Choose Utah Flood Cleanup for Water Damage Repair & Restoration Services
What makes us different from the other local damage restoration contractors? We prioritize your safety and comfort above all else. Our goal is to make sure you and your family get your life back in order after water and flood damage.
- FREE phone consultation
- FREE inspection on insurance-covered water damage events
- 24-hour emergency assistance so you never have to wait long for service
- Advanced water damage solutions from licensed, certified specialists
- Financing options available for all budgets
- 5-year workmanship guarantee ensures long term solutions that prevent further damage
Our technicians arrive in a fully-equipped vehicle and are prepared to take care of any water damage issue. When you experience a major plumbing leak or any kind of water damage, do not hesitate to call us any time during the day or night. When it comes to water damage repair, it is critically important to get professionals on-site as soon as possible to limit further problems.
Call us at (801) 876-5225 for a phone consultation and inspection on insurance-covered water damage events—both at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
Utah Water Damage Repair & Restoration FAQ
Yes. Water damage starts happening immediately, depending on how much water your house is exposed to. A large amount of water can cause discoloration of your furniture within a few minutes. A smaller leak might not have severe damage immediately, but that does not mean that it will not become a bigger leak or problem later. So, whether it is a small leak or a flood, it is crucial to get Utah Flood Cleanup water damage professionals to your home immediately.
The best way to tell if your house has water damage is to have an inspection performed by a water damage repair company. There are many signs of water damage you should look out for. You should inspect for water stains on the walls and ceilings. You should also check for cracked or warped floors. The carpets will also have a discrete musty smell. Dry walls might be soft to touch, swollen, or stained. Also, the metal surfaces will be corroded or rusted.
Water damage is time sensitive. It spreads and changes over time. For the first few minutes, the damage may not be severe. After some few hours, it can cause permanent staining to the walls, floors, and the ceiling. A day of water damage causes some sour odors to your home, and unprotected metal surfaces are likely to begin rusting. Within a week, water damage can cause the growth of molds, which is a health hazard to your family. After a few weeks, the damage to your house is pretty extensive. This kind of place is not safe for anyone to live due to the growth of hazardous biological contaminants.
A standard homeowner’s insurance policy can cover water damage done to your home. However, it is only covered for damages caused by sudden internal water damage. Homeowner’s insurance does not cover damage caused by floods or neglect and lack of maintenance.
Like homeowners insurance, renter’s insurance policy covers the water damage caused by sudden internal water damage only. It does not cover the damage caused by floods or lack of maintenance.
The repair depends on the saturation and extent of the water damage, as well as how long the house has been exposed to water. Normally, our water damage restoration process takes about two days to dry a standard home, but it can take as long as five days for a property that has been exposed to water for a prolonged period.
Our Utah Flood Cleanup Water Damage Restoration Process:
- Contact water damage restoration professionals – When you make contact, our Utah water damage restoration company consultants will guide you through some questions to assist us in responding to your water damage efficiently and quickly.
- Damage assessment and inspection – Our SLC water damage company determines the scope of the water damage to develop a plan of action. We test and inspect the damaged area to establish the severity of damage to ensure complete restoration
- Water extraction – Like most water damage cleanup companies, the water removal process removes most of the water.
- Drying – After removing the bulk water, we utilize specialized equipment to dry out the remaining water. Our restoration water damage company in Utah uses dehumidifiers and air movers to draw out the remaining moisture.
- Sanitizing and cleaning – Water damage affects your personal items like clothes. Our water cleanup company can clean the items that can be restored using various cleaning methods. We also remove odors and disinfect using microbial treatments.
- Restoration – We then restore your home to its initial condition before the water damage by repairing the areas that were damaged by the water such as the walls and floors.
Utah Flood Cleanup Provides Quality Solutions at a Great Value
We offer financing options to give all of our customers an affordable service. Call us today at (801) 876-5225 to set up an immediate appointment with our water damage repair and restoration team.
Additional Damage Restoration Services in Utah:
- Utah Sewage Cleanup
- Utah Drain Backup
- Utah Biohazard & Crime Scene Cleanup
- Utah Air Duct Cleaning
- Utah Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Utah Fire Damage Restoration & Repair Services
- Utah Flood Damage Restoration & Repair Services
- Utah Mold Removal & Remediation Services
- Swamp Cooler Leak Repair Services in Utah