Commercial Water Damage Restoration Company in Utah
Water damage can be a major source of stress for any business owner, but there are some steps you can take to get your business back in working order as soon as possible. Utah Flood Cleanup provides commercial water damage restoration services throughout Ogden, Utah, and the surrounding areas.
What is Commercial Water Damage?
Commercial flood damage is any damage that occurs to any type of business after a flood. From mold to electrical damage, there are a variety of potential issues that can arise after a flood. Often, the water damage itself is only the beginning.
Flood damage can happen at any time and without warning, making it difficult to protect your business. Broken water lines are a common cause of water damage, as are storms that result in local flooding. Other common causes of commercial water damage include clogged toilets, aged plumbing systems, structural failure and cracks in the building foundation. The longer it takes to begin the cleanup process after a flood, the more damage will be done and the more revenue your business could lose.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Once water damage has occurred in a commercial setting, there are some basic steps that need to be taken in order to minimize the damage and begin the cleanup process.
- Inspection: The first step in addressing water damage to your business is to complete a thorough inspection of the property. This not only makes it easier to assess the damage that has been done but also ensures that there are no immediate safety hazards present on the property as well.
- Water Removal: Removing excess water in a timely manner is the key to minimizing property damage after a flood. Most water damage occurs within 48 hours, so calling for assistance as soon as possible will help minimize your restoration costs. The longer the water sits, the more likely it is to cause mold and structural damage.
- Mold Cleanup: Removing any mold that has grown in or around your commercial property is the next important step in the cleanup process. Mold can pose a serious health hazard to you, your employees, and your patrons, and any flooring or materials that have been saturated with water pose the risk of developing mold and mildew. The best way to treat a mold problem is to act preventatively.
- Electrical Wiring: If the electrical wiring on your property has been affected by water damage, it may need to be replaced. It is important to work with an inspector who understands the dangers inherent in wiring that has been exposed to water and can prioritize safety throughout the cleanup process.
- Material Replacement: From office furniture and equipment to carpeting, drywall and flooring, a variety of materials around your business may need to be replaced after a flood. In many cases, restoration services can salvage your water-damaged property, saving you the cost of replacing valuable equipment and materials. Before you throw away important items after a flood, schedule an inspection to find out if they can be restored instead.
Commercial Restoration Services from Utah Flood Cleanup
Utah Flood Cleanup is your go-to source for commercial restoration services in Ogden and surrounding areas. If you are in need of restoration services after a flood, call today at 801-416-2666 or fill out the online contact form to schedule your free consultation. Along with water damage restoration, we also offer commercial fire and disaster cleanup services that will help get your commercial property back in order.