With the temperature started to drop outside, it is important for everyone to make sure they are able to prevent frozen pipes. When water freezes, it expands. If water freezes in the pipes and expands, it is going to burst the pipes, leading to a major water leak when the ice thaws.
The team from Utah Flood Cleanup is here to help you prevent frozen water pipes from impacting your home this holiday season.
How To Prevent Frozen Water Pipes
There are a few ways that everyone can prevent frozen water pipes this winter. Some of the top tips to keep in mind include:
- Increase the Thermostat: Nobody wants to spend more money on heat than they have to. On the other hand, turning the thermostat off completely can lead to frozen water pipes. Instead, try to keep the thermostat at a minimum of 55 degrees Fahrenheit, even when nobody is home. This will prevent water from freezing in the pipes.
- Insulate the Pipes: Some of the most common locations and what pipes freeze include the attic, the crawl space, and the exterior wall. Think about insulating them with snap-on foam or approved heat tape. Check out the instructions for manufacturers to make sure this is done properly.
- Drip the Faucets: While it can be annoying to deal with a dripping faucet, dripping the faucets while nobody is home and keep the water moving, making it hard for water to freeze in the pipes. This simple step can prevent stagnant water from freezing, leading to a busted pipe.
These basic tips can go a long way toward preventing water from freezing in the pipes this winter.
What Happens if a Pipe Freezes and Ruptures?
If a pipe freezes and ruptures, this can lead to a serious situation. The good news is that homeowners' insurance can protect homeowners against damage from a busted pipe. Homeowners insurance can cover some immediate expenses including:
- The amount of money required to access the busted pipe
- Money that is required to repair and restore property damage
- The cost to repair and restore the wall once the pipe itself has been fixed
- Living expenses if the family is unable to live in the home for an extended amount of time
At the same time, if the damage is allowed to linger, homeowners' insurance may balk at covering the entirety of the expenses. Therefore, it is important to reach out to train and water damage restoration professionals as quickly as possible. This is where the team from Utah Flood Cleanup can be helpful.
Why Choose Utah Flood Cleanup Services?
- 24/7 emergency service
- FREE phone consultation
- FREE inspection on insurance-covered water damage events.
- 5 Year Guarantee on Work
- Affordable financing options
- We will work with the insurance company to ensure proper reimbursement
- We are a locally owned company that works for the customer not the insurance. We are the advocate for our customer so we are able to do our work to industry standards. We stringently follow the guidelines set forth in the IICRC S-500 and S-520. We pride ourselves on not taking short cuts to get the job done.
- Affiliations, Awards, Certifications, Licenses. IICRC WTR, ASD, CDS. Certified Mold Professional. RRP Certified. Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor, Asbestos Inspector
Call the Team from Utah Flood Cleanup Today!
At Utah Flood Cleanup, we are here to help you with your frozen pipes by providing water damage restoration service in the local region. Our team provides 24/7 emergency service to make sure that we can help you as quickly as possible. We cover from Salt Lake to Provo, and Park City to Tooele in Utah. We will be there in under an hour and can help you address water damage, mold damage, and more.
As a sign of confidence, we also provide a 2-year guarantee on our craftsmanship.
Additional Damage Restoration Services in Utah:
- Utah Sewage Cleanup Services
- Utah Drain Backup Services
- Utah Biohazard & Crime Scene Cleanup Services
- Utah Air Duct Cleaning Services
- Utah Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services
- Utah Fire Damage Restoration & Repair Services
- Utah Flood Damage Restoration & Repair Services
- Utah Mold Removal & Remediation Services
- Utah Swamp Cooler Leak Repair Services
- Utah Wet Carpet Cleanup Services
- Utah Water Damage Restoration Process
- Utah Flooded Basement Cleanup Services
- Utah Pipe Leak Water Damage Restoration Services
- Utah Rain & Flash Flood Water Damage Restoration Services