Basement flooding is a common but serious problem that can devastate a Utah business in many ways. Drying out the basement and repairing any water damage should occur immediately. At Utah Flood Cleanup, we’re available 24/7 to help diagnose your flood damage and clean it up. We’re a certified and experienced basement flood cleanup company. Contact us the moment you even suspect flooding.
Basement Flooding Requires Immediate Cleanup and RemediationBasement flooding can come with a host of problems and dangers. Some of those problems are immediate, but some may hide, only to plague you later. Mild basement flooding can create just as many issues as major flooding, so don’t assume your occasional small flood isn’t going to cost you.
The Dangers of Basement FloodingHere’s a look at some of the problems and dangers that can come from any flooding in your building’s basement:
- Mold and mildew
- Damage to important appliances and facility equipment
- Compromised foundation or structural integrity
- Water damage
- Electrical hazards
- Serious health hazards
For a business, each of these things can hit the bottom-line rather hard. These dangers can manifest themselves in various ways, some of which you won’t see immediately. Many of these dangers can also lead to litigation, which you absolutely want to avoid.
What Causes Basement Flooding in UtahBasement flooding can occur for various reasons. Some of the more common reasons for a basement flood in Utah can include:
- Excessive rain or melting snow
- The grade of the property
- Sewer or plumbing issues
- Any leak
- Rising groundwater
- Cracks in the foundation
- Broken appliances, such as a hot water heater
Some of these sources can create other flooding avenues. For example, a small leak can cause basement flooding over time. It can also damage the foundation, which will lead to another avenue for water to invade the basement.
Signs of Basement Flooding in Your Building or FacilityA basement flood doesn’t always look like a large pool of water. Sometimes, the flooding can occur behind the scenes. Always stay alert for signs of flooding:
- Water damage
- Damp or musty odors
- Mildew and mold
- Standing water, even if only a tiny amount
- Excessive humidity
Really, any sign of moisture should give you some concern.
Dealing with Basement Flooding Before It Becomes a Serious ProblemStaying on top of your basement maintenance routines will help. Ensure your basement waterproofing and water removal appliances are in good condition. Keep up with your plumbing inspections and maintenance, as well as your HVAC routines.
What If There’s a Basement Flood?The truth is any basement can flood. You must do what you can to mitigate the potential damage from any flood. When a flood in your basement does occur, you have to act quickly to cleanup basement flooding.
- Call your insurance company
- Turn off utilities; all of them, if possible
- Contact Utah Flood Cleanup
Flooded basements are dangerous. You likely don’t have the proper safety gear or equipment to cleanup basement flood issues. Even a mild flood requires specific remedies for drying out the area, cleaning it up, and saving property.
If you do enter the basement, make sure to turn off power down there. Wear boots, gloves, and consider a facemask as well. If you’re not sure what to do, contact our flooded basement service first.
Flooded Basement Cleanup FAQs
Have more questions? We have even more answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on what to do in the event of your basement flooding in Utah.
- If you have a flooded basement in Utah, it’s important to make sure there are no electric wires under water.
- Disconnect the main electrical switch (and/or gas if you use it) right away.
- Start removing the water as soon as possible. Wear protective clothing like boots, gloves, and even hip waders if you have them.
- Look for the source of the flooding.
- If the source is a burst pipe make sure to turn off the water to your basement and this should stop the deluge.
- If the source is a storm, you will simply have to wait for the rain to stop for the basement flooding to stop.
- If your basement has a floor drain, make sure the drain is clear of debris so as much water as possible can get out.
- If you have a sump pump, start it right away. Use a wet/dry vac, a pool pump, or a mop and bucket and start getting rid of the water.
If you are wondering what to do when basement floods, ask for help from professional flooded basement cleanup company in Utah! The more hands on deck, the better.
Has Your Basement Flooded? Don’t Wait, Contact Utah Flood Cleanup ImmediatelyImmediate cleanup and remediation by a basement flood cleanup company is essential. The longer you wait, the more damage you’ll have to contend with..
At Utah Flood Cleanup, we can work with you and your insurance company. We will perform flooded basement cleanup quickly, efficiently, and professionally. We are specialists, and we guarantee our work. Contact us today to learn more about our flood cleanup services. Give us a call at 801-416-2666 to schedule a free inspection on insurance covered water damage events.
Other Disaster Cleanup Services We Offer in Utah:
- Smoke & Fire Damage Restoration
- Flood Damage Repair
- Mold Remediation
- Sewage Cleanup
- Utah Drain Backup
- Biohazard & Crime Scene Cleanup
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning