The single greatest threat that residential homeowners face is water penetration. One of the primary reasons is that when water gets into a structure it can spur dangerous mold growths. Mold can reproduce and spread quickly inside walls where property owners cannot see them. This makes house mold detection very difficult for non-professionals. But if you have suffered flooding, roof leaks or just don’t have inadequate steam ventilation in the bathroom, it’s important to have a professional inspection conducted to ensure you and your loved ones aren’t exposed to these allergy-causing health hazards. At Utah Flood Cleanup, our trained and professional mold remediation specialists have the equipment and experience to identify mold and get it out of your home.
Common Places Mold is Found, Warning Signs, and How to Detect it
Mold often stays hidden behind your walls and under the floorboards. It has the ability to take root after water penetration and spread when a material remains moist for only two days. It’s important to remain cognizant about these items.
- If you discover dark, wet areas on your floor, ceiling or walls, these are definite signs of a mold
- While many growths remain hidden, you can detect mold by its unpleasant smell.They can generate musty smells and mildew odors.
- Mold can flourish in high humidity areas such as bathrooms. Anytime you see condensation buildup, that should trigger an inspection.
- If the people living in your home are experiencing respiratory irritation or allergy-like symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or wheezing, you may have mold growing.
Many times, it takes a trained specialist to identify and safely remove dangerous molds. Keep in mind that house mold removal poses a health risk and should be left to professionals. It’s important not to wait until the house mold dangers are visible or obvious. Periodic inspections may prove worthwhile.
Negative Effects of Mold
- Property Damage: Molds feed on the very sources they grow on and ultimately damage or destroy foundations, drywall, beams and roofs. They can also infect HVAC systems.
- Health Dangers: Mold poses a health danger to human beings. Infants, children, the elderly, people with asthma, allergies, and severe illnesses are especially at risk. They are likely to cause a range of allergic reactions, headaches, trouble breathing, skin rashes, irritation and heighten asthma issues.
Residential Mold Removal/Remediation
Our trained professionals at Utah Flood Cleanup have the experience to identify and eradicate the dangerous molds that may be hidden beneath the surface of Utah homes. Experts at the CDC and EPA agree that mold exposure is an inherent human health problem. Black molds are classified as highly toxic and have been discovered in numerous homes across the country. The seriousness of the mold issue has prompted Utah Flood Cleanup to adopt and follow rigorous EPA and CDC remediation standards.
- Moisture Inspection: Our mold specialists use precision equipment to gauge humidity, temperature and GPP readings to generate a detailed moisture map that helps identify the affected areas. We, not only clean up the issue, we locate the source of the problem.
- Mitigation: We understand how deeply a mold infestation can affect you and your loved ones. Our team will take steps to limit the spread to furniture and personal items. We do our best to protect these items in your home. Naturally, our number one priority is your health and safety and we won’t leave you in a compromised situation. That’s why we extract appropriate water samples and use EAP-approved mold deterrents. Our team will also keep you fully informed throughout the process.
Utah Residential Mold Remediation Professionals at Utah Flood Cleanup
If your home has been compromised by moisture, water penetration, sewage backup or you are concerned mold may be spreading inside your home, contact Utah Flood Cleanup immediately. We have been offering our many services to the good people of Utah since 1992 and are ready to help you 24/7. We offer free phone consultations and free onsite inspections for water incidents covered by insurance. Our work comes with a 5-year guarantee and financing options are available to homeowners. Contact our residential and commercial mold removal professionals today at (801) 416-2666!