Mold Remediation, Removal, and Prevention
Most people are aware that mold can make them and their family sick and overtime can destroy a home or building as well. Mold is a fungus that grows quickly and spreads very easily. It can grow anywhere in the home and even outside on the home as well. If conditions are right, you can guarantee mold is presence or will begin to grow.
Mold can begin to grown within 24 hours. Conditions for mold to grown include darkness, warmth, and moisture. You can notice symptoms of mold before you even see it. If you begin to experience allergies symptoms that include itchy watery eyes, running nose, and congestion, it is likely that you have mold growing in your home.
Due to the fast growing nature of mold, it is in everyone's best interest to call a mold remediation professional immediately and seek medical attention if you have been exposed.
Mold occurs because of moisture with other conditions that are suitable for the growth of mold. Areas such as the bathroom and kitchen are the most common places.
However, other ares such as those connecting to a ventilation system are at risk as well due to the humidity. If the molded areas of a home have been untreated for a long period of time, they may have to replaced. Although most areas can be saved and cleaned professionally.
Many people consider taking the matter into their own hands. Most DIY projects include solutions such as bleach or borax to kill the mold. However, this could cost you more money and time in the long run. This household solutions may kill the mold, but they will not prevent it from growing and spreading again. A professional can use products that will kill the mold and prevent it from growing again or spreading any further.
The products that a professional will use are much safer as well. These products can be used on even the surfaces that will come in contact with your food. This coating is specialized to kill and prevent mold growth which is much more effective than over the counter solutions.
If you have had a major leak, you may need water damage repairs as well. Once walls or floors have become soaked, mold will being to grow not long after. Other common areas for mold to grown is in the ceiling of a home.
This is usually due to leaks that have gone unnoticed in the roofing of your home. Even if you have not have not seen mold in your home, you should contact a professional as soon as possible if you begin to have symptoms of allergies without known causes.
Are you looking to refresh your Ogden home with mold remediation and removal? Call Utah Flood Cleanup today at (801) 416-2666, and get the right professionals on the job.