April showers bring May flowers to Utah along with a lot of extra moisture that can breed mold spores both outside and in your home. While the Spring and Summer seasons bring significant seasonal allergies to many, most of us don't realize mold can cause allergies too and in some cases, a reaction known as mold illness. With allergy-like symptoms, mold illness can severely affect those with a weakened immune system and respiratory issues.
You've made a horrifying discovery - mold in your home! You're searching online to figure out what to do now. Well, don't panic, we have compiled a list of Mold Removal Do's and Don'ts to help educate you and point you in the right direction for help. It is important to know that mold found in your home can be hazardous to your health and potentially cause severe structural damage.
The good news? We are here to help; contact the trained and certified professionals at Utah Flood Cleanup to test your home for hidden mold colonies and eradicate the mold and mold spores from your home. In the meantime, take a look at what you should and shouldn't do:
Most importantly - Don't ignore the problem, and please Do contact an experienced disaster cleanup professional. Utah Flood Cleanup uses the most advanced equipment and techniques to make sure things are done right the first time, in fact - we guarantee it! We are available 24/7 at 801-876-5225 for your FREE phone consultation and FREE inspection for insurance covered disasters.
Summertime: lemonade, swimming pools, and...mold? If you've found it, you’re not alone. Many homeowners find they have a problem with mold in the warmth of summer. If mold is a problem in your home, the professional mold removal specialists at Utah Flood Cleanup can help today. Below are some things to keep in mind that can cause mold in the summer.
You or someone else have discovered mold within your commercial property. This is the last thing you expected to deal with, but it should now be your top priority. Once mold gets inside and begins to grow, it spreads quickly, as mold spores attach to surfaces and the fungi start to grow in 48 hours. Exposure to damp environments causes mold to grow and spread. This can trigger health issues in some people and can affect those who work or conduct business in your commercial building.
Mold spores exist everywhere in our environment and having mold in your commercial building is a fairly common occurrence. However, it is important to recognize the symptoms of mold growth that may indicate you have a mold problem that needs to be addressed.
You may think that since you do not see mold, there is no problem, unfortunately, high levels of mold can be present and can begin causing health issues before you discover evidence of its growth. That is why it is important that if you have symptoms of mold growth, you have them evaluated immediately to not only minimize the damage but protect your employees’ health as well.
There is always mold in our houses. However, it is usually at such low levels that it is of no consequence. However, mold can, at times, be quite harmful, especially if it is in large quantities. One of the first signs that you have a mold problem is if your house begins to smell moldy. It is essential to identify the type of mold in the home to ensure that your family is not at risk and that is where Utah Flood Cleanup can help.
After entering a flooded or water damaged basement you can already start to sense that musty smell usually associated with dark, damp basements. That smell may actually be mold growing in just the right conditions. Having a moldy basement can be a major health concern, and can lead to sinus infections and asthma attacks. If you suspect mold growing in your basement, it is a good idea to call the professionals at Utah Flood Cleanup to evaluate the situation and suggest the appropriate course of action.
Most people are aware that mold can make them and their family sick and overtime can destroy a home or building as well. Mold is a fungus that grows quickly and spreads very easily. It can grow anywhere in the home and even outside on the home as well. If conditions are right, you can guarantee mold is presence or will begin to grow.
Mold can begin to grown within 24 hours. Conditions for mold to grown include darkness, warmth, and moisture. You can notice symptoms of mold before you even see it. If you begin to experience allergies symptoms that include itchy watery eyes, running nose, and congestion, it is likely that you have mold growing in your home.
Due to the fast growing nature of mold, it is in everyone's best interest to call a mold remediation professional immediately and seek medical attention if you have been exposed.
Mold occurs because of moisture with other conditions that are suitable for the growth of mold. Areas such as the bathroom and kitchen are the most common places.
However, other ares such as those connecting to a ventilation system are at risk as well due to the humidity. If the molded areas of a home have been untreated for a long period of time, they may have to replaced. Although most areas can be saved and cleaned professionally.
Many people consider taking the matter into their own hands. Most DIY projects include solutions such as bleach or borax to kill the mold. However, this could cost you more money and time in the long run. This household solutions may kill the mold, but they will not prevent it from growing and spreading again. A professional can use products that will kill the mold and prevent it from growing again or spreading any further.
The products that a professional will use are much safer as well. These products can be used on even the surfaces that will come in contact with your food. This coating is specialized to kill and prevent mold growth which is much more effective than over the counter solutions.
If you have had a major leak, you may need water damage repairs as well. Once walls or floors have become soaked, mold will being to grow not long after. Other common areas for mold to grown is in the ceiling of a home.
This is usually due to leaks that have gone unnoticed in the roofing of your home. Even if you have not have not seen mold in your home, you should contact a professional as soon as possible if you begin to have symptoms of allergies without known causes.
Are you looking to refresh your Ogden home with mold remediation and removal? Call Utah Flood Cleanup today at (801) 416-2666, and get the right professionals on the job.