Damage from natural disasters poses a threat to every school district in the nation. While flooding is the most common natural disaster, extreme weather and fire can also affect devastating damage to public and privately-funded schools located in every region of the US. While Utah is an inland state, strong rainstorms and rapidly melting snow can generate flash floods. On the other end of the spectrum; a school fire, whether intentionally set or accidental, can cause widespread destruction from heat, flames, smoke, and water.
School Damage Restoration Services Utah Flood Cleanup Offers:
Parents, teachers and school officials recognize the disruption students and families face while waiting for the restoration of their school. The experts at Utah Flood Cleanup understand the urgency for swift clean-up and school damage restoration to prevent further damage and re-establish a safe learning environment to get your students back in the classrooms and your community back on track without delay.
Damage from a fire, water or severe weather can leave the school too dangerous to enter. Our experienced professionals have extensive training and knowledge to conduct an inspection of the property damage, provide you with a comprehensive restoration bid and quickly restore the safety and order to your community's school within the designated time frame. Services we offer:
- Flood cleanup
- Water damage repair
- Sewage cleanup
- Mold removal and remediation
- Fire and smoke removal
- Drain backup services
- Sewage cleanup
- Pipe leak cleanup
- Carpet and upholstery cleanup
Immediate Action After Water Damage in a School
Clean-up and repairs after a flash flood should not be delayed because the greatest property damage will typically occur 48 hours after the school has flooded. Even a brief delay can result in dangerous mold growth. Professional clean-up immediately following the flood will ensure more extreme damage is averted and classrooms, hallways, administrative areas, bathrooms, the lunchroom, and gymnasium can be promptly restored to like-new condition. Delayed action can result in extensive damage, including:
- Mold Growth
- Carpet Damage
- Collapsed Ceiling
- Weakened or Bowing Flooring
- Drywall Damage
- Major Electrical Issues
- Wooden Desk, Chair and Cabinet Damage
- Attracting Property-Damaging Pests
School Restoration Process for Water Damage
Our professionals at Utah Flood Cleanup use innovative restoration technology to restore your school's materials to a like-new state. We also enlist advanced treatment techniques, including thermal imaging to detect all damaged areas and make the necessary repairs. Our restoration process will be customized to each individual project to include the following services when needed:
- Pump out all settled water from the property.
- Thoroughly dry all surfaces including walls and ceilings.
- Clean and disinfect impacted areas to prevent contamination and the spread of germs and disease.
- Eliminate mold and mildew and apply preventive techniques to ensure they do not reoccur.
- Disposal of all contaminated materials like construction materials, furnishings and other items that cannot be restored.
- Restore and repair flooring, furnishings and structural damage.
School Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Process
A fire can leave varying degrees of damage to a school and safety should be your first concern after a fire. From minimal damage that was contained to a small area to widespread damage affecting large areas, a safety inspection must be conducted prior to any clean-up to make sure the area is safe to enter. Depending on the extent of the damage from heat, flames, smoke and water, the school's structure or foundation may have been weakened. When the entry is allowed, it is time to begin the cleanup and restoration with professional rehabilitation to eliminate all traces of soot, ash, smoke and water. Utah Flood Cleanup will employ the following techniques in a multi-stage fire restoration process to restore your school quickly, so teachers and students can get back to class as soon as possible:
- Inspection and full assessment of the damaged areas.
- Immediately secure the building from weather and vandalism by boarding up missing doors and windows and covering a damaged or missing roof with tarps.
- Establish a course of action for clean-up and restoration.
- Removal of all water from the affected areas to prevent mold and mildew.
- Removal of soot, ash and smoke residue from walls, ceilings and all other surfaces.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all restorable items.
- Smoke odor removal with a professional application of a deodorizing fog.
- Drywall and flooring repair or replacement.
- New Carpet
- Final repairs and painting.
Trusted School Damage Restoration in Utah from Utah Flood Cleanup
For expert, quality damage restoration, contact Utah's #1 disaster cleanup company today, or give us a call at (801) 416-2666 to repair and restore your community's school quickly and get the kids back in class without further delay. Since 1992, Utah Flood Cleanup has been an advocate for schools, homeowners and business owners facing the devastation and overwhelming task of flood and fire damage restoration. Our expert technicians are licensed and certified and we diligently adhere to IICRC S-500 and S-520 guidelines set forth for our industry. We work with your insurance, offer FREE inspections, a 5-year guarantee, and affordable financing options, Utah Flood Cleanup is the trusted name for disaster cleanup in The Beehive State.