Water damage is never a good thing, but when it happens to your carpets, it can be especially frustrating. This can quickly lead to mold and other health hazards if not treated properly. Here at Utah Flood Cleanup, we are Utah's trusted carpet water damage restoration company. We have years of experience repairing homes and businesses that have been damaged by water. Our team of professionals will work diligently to get your carpets back to their original condition.
If you're in Utah and need help with water damage restoration, give us a call and we'll get your home back to normal in no time!
Click to jump to section:
- Why Do You Need Carpet Water Damage Restoration?
- Typical Causes of Flooded Carpeting
- Effects of Standing Water on Carpet
- What To Do If Your Carpet Is Flooded?
- Carpet Water Damage Restoration in Utah
- Call the Experts for Carpet Water Damage Restoration in Utah
Why Do You Need Carpet Water Damage Restoration?
Discovering carpet water damage from a broken pipe or flooding usually happens unexpectedly. It can leave your home unusable and unsafe and throw your family’s daily life into a tailspin. If it is not cleaned up and restored promptly and correctly, the water saturating your carpets can cause costly extensive property damage. It can also present serious health and safety hazards throughout your home.
Furniture, walls, carpet, pad, and other parts of your home and personal property can be overtaken by mold growth and become serious health hazards. Saturated areas of studs in your walls, flooring underlayment, plywood subfloor, and floor joists can become extremely damaged if they are not dried quickly and completely and repaired as needed.
Typical Causes of Flooded Carpeting
There are various causes of carpet flooding. Any of these can leave carpeting saturated and lead to more widespread damage and destruction in your home. You can incur much more extreme costs by waiting to have professional cleaning and drying of soaked carpet and underlayment. Some common causes of flooded carpet include:
- Broken water pipe
- Household appliance malfunction
- Washing machine overload
- Sewage back up
- Roof leaking rainwater or snowmelt
- Crack in foundation
- Leaking water heater
- Basement sump pump malfunction
- Backed up landscape irrigation line
- Window leak
- Use of water hoses during fire fighting
If your carpeting is flooded, whatever the cause, you need to take action immediately to save your home’s structure and to avoid much greater cost due to delayed remedial work.
Effects of Standing Water on Carpet
Finding your house flooded is a shocking experience, and it’s not something you can delay managing. It’s not the cheapest household disaster people must face, but it’s much more costly to wait until the standing water on your floors causes additional damage. Leaving standing water on carpets can rapidly cause:
- Health hazard from bacterial contamination
- Weakening of the structure of your home
- Mold formation and rapid spread of mold on and behind walls
- Mold on and in furniture
- Damage to kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Destruction of living room, bedroom, and dining room furniture
What To Do If Your Carpet Is Flooded?
If your carpeting is covered in water or sewage, any time wasted trying to clean up the disaster area causes a delay in utilizing the necessary industrial-grade equipment. As soon as you discover that your home is flooded, contact a professional water damage restoration company for fast and effective cleanup.
Utah Flood Cleanup uses today’s state-of-the-art water extraction, sewage cleanup, and structural drying technologies. We also identify the cause of the flooding and perform top-quality carpet water damage repair to help ensure there are no future repeats of the problem.
Carpet Water Damage Restoration in Utah
When your home needs carpet water damage restoration, it’s important to act immediately. Utah Flood Cleanup responds promptly to urgent calls for disaster treatment due to indoor flooding. Timely disaster rehab solutions minimize your financial losses and physical risks from an existing disaster environment.
- Remove of Water or Sewage: Disaster cleanup experts use the proper equipment, tools, and materials to extract water, clean up sewage, and eliminate contaminants to return your home to pre-flood condition.
- Start Structural Drying: Flood disaster cleanup and restoration services use commercial and industrial equipment and tools to ensure complete structural drying.
- Repair or Replace Damaged Property: All damaged or destroyed items are repaired or replaced to restore your home to its pre-flood condition. Your restoration project manager communicates every affected item to your homeowner’s insurance claims rep.
- Perform Mold Remediation: Certified mold abatement experts use industrial-grade materials and methods to remove mold and treat to prevent its reappearance.
For Carpet Water Damage, Contact Utah Flood Cleanup
We are Utah’s leading disaster cleanup and restoration service. We provide emergency cleanup of homes impacted by flood or fire. Our emergency cleanup team is available 24/7, with a 1-hour arrival time. All our work is guaranteed. Financing options are available.